NU100 is an entrepreneurship competition targeting individuals in the age bracket between 18 and 35, who have a technically feasible technological innovation that can be translated into a business. The competition is held by Nile University.
Our first round NU100 – 1.0 had managed to provide training for 300+ participants in 10 locations across Egypt. The competition was not limited to IT, but expanded to cover a wider technological spectrum including but not limited to: Advanced Technology, Manufacturing, Agriculture, Media, Chemical, Medical, Computing, Construction, Education, Paper & Packaging, Energy, Tourism & Leisure, Engineering, Transport, Environment, Wood and wood products, Healthcare, Industry, and Telecommunications. A higher weight was given to innovations that address a societal need, solve a technical problem, or have a high employment potential. Within this competition the participants received:
- Entrepreneurship Driver’s License
- Coaching & mentoring
- Prototype development
- Match Making opportunity & Technology Brokerage
- Start-up seed capital for winners
After twelve long months of hardship, challenges, disappointments and hope, NU100 – 1.0 finals and closing Ceremony was a meet up between entrepreneurs, businessmen, students, investors, government, company’s representatives, and the NU100 Final teams.
The 34 final teams, had resulted in 18 registered companies ready to hit the market.
NU100-1.0 Awards and prizes:
- Exxon Mobil: 100,000 EGP for the best woman entrepreneur.
- MC Egypt: 100,000 EGP divided into 3 prizes:
33,250 for the best Project in Agriculture.
33,250 for the best Woman entrepreneur
33,250 for the best Project in IT.
- Misr Elkheir: Awards for the teams whom in need to equipment for improving their products.
- Nile University: 100,000 EGP Awards & 3 scholarships.
- Flat6lab: Incubation for the best team.
- TIEC: Acceleration for the best Project in IT.